Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Big Boy Bed

 
We are traveling to Baltimore in about a month to visit my sister and her family and we decided that Brandon is too big to sleep in a pack-n-play anymore. This decision led us to transition Brandon from his crib to a toddler bed. The theory is that we'll have time to make him more comfortable before he has to sleep in a sleeping bag on an air mattress or something like that. We'll see if this theory is correct in a month. :)
 
We let Brandon help transform his crib and he was so excited to crawl up and down out of the bed himself. Afterwards, during dinner he kept asking "I go play in my bed now?" And I told him that his bed is for sleeping in, not for playing in. When Joby took him in for the night he let Bran crawl in by himself and so far, an hour later, we have not heard one peep out of him.
 
Tomorrow morning is the real test though. Will he get out of bed when he is ready or will he just sit in bed and call for us? I'm not sure which one I wish for. Most days I enjoy the last peaceful moments of the morning after I have showered but before I get the boys out of bed. But I also look forward to hearing the pitter patter of feet in to our room and hope he'll crawl in to bed with us every once in a while... before we inevitably hear "Good morning! Let's play train tracks!"
 

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

The Life of Brandon

Back to TOP