Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Little Fish

I am so proud to say Brandon finally swam a little ways by himself today! We have been working on kicking and blowing bubbles in the water. We had a major coup a month or so ago when he would wear goggles and consequently put his face under water and blow bubbles. Then this weekend I worked on floating with him in the kid pool. The kid pool is only a foot deep and it was the perfect place for him to feel safe, like he could just drop his legs and stand, and work on relaxing on his belly. So when we moved to the big pool and he watched another girl about his age floating on her belly, kicking her legs to her father and blowing bubbles, well it must have clicked because he was able to do it. He started to swim to me off of a platform in the middle of the pool and I slowly started backing up. He swam as far as he could with the big breath he took. Once he had to pick his head up to breathe though his butt dropped and he needed me to grab him. I was so excited I actually jumped up and down in the water with him. He did it several more times with me and also with Daddy.

To celebrate we took him to Toys R Us and bought him a little car as a reward for working on his fear of floating/swimming alone.

I can't wait to get back in the water with him next weekend!

0 comments:

The Life of Brandon

Back to TOP