Thursday, February 22, 2007

Brandon Breaks the Bathtub

Today Brandon had his biggest fall to date... and my biggest scare to date. He's fine. I don't think I'll ever forget this though. We got home this afternoon and I was putting away the things I had purchased from Target in our bathroom. Brandon was in there with me and made up a game of taking all the dirty laundry out of the laundry basket and putting it in our garden bath tub instead. So cute! But at one point he tripped on a t-shirt he was carrying and he fell forward. As he fell he banged his forehead so hard against the outside of the tub, and he broke it. The impact of his forehead created a clean plus-sign crack from the center of impact. I was standing right next to him when it happened, unable to get there fast enough and I swear I thought it was his head that cracked, not the tub. He cried, of course, for about 30 seconds. As soon as we moved out to the family room and he saw the television on, well he was distracted again. I got an ice pack out of the freezer and put it on his forehead. We sat in the chair and rocked while I calmed down. And the cutest thing was when I tried to remove the ice after a minute, he grabbed it and put it back on his forehead. I think the novelty of the ice pack was fun for him. He carried it around with him, occasionally putting it on his forehead, until his nap. After his nap he woke up happy, smiley and ready to run around.

So while I'm sure that there will be other battles in our future with the bathtub and other inanimate objects that provide obstacles in his path, I am happy to report that Round 1 of the Major Falls and Scares competition goes to Brandon. Thankfully.

0 comments:

The Life of Brandon

Back to TOP